Beaver Local Schools
School District: East Liverpoool, Ohio
Architect: Olsavsky & Jaminet
- Consolidation of all grades K-12 into one building.
- Curriculum dictated all furniture be easily movable or on casters.
- Extensive use of color to enliven all learning environments.
- School chose combination of chairs and tables for all classroom environments.
- Utilization of ACTIVE LEARNING seating solution for all grade levels…14”, 16” and 18”
- All “learning studios” flow out into extended learning environments.
Haskell Products Utilized
- Ethos Seating
- Echo Tables & White Boards
- Smart Series Desking
- FuZion Teachers Desking
- Captiva Storage
- Beaver Local Schools was challenged with aging buildings across all their grade levels.
- Engagement with their architect and a consulting firm specializing in student centered learning models lead to the design of one new building encompassing all grade levels.
- The traditional concept of classrooms were discarded in favor of “learning studios” that open via large metal garage doors to extended learning environments designed for collaboration / group work.
- Teachers work out of central hub zones sharing work space with other teachers and utilize multiple classrooms.
- Nontraditional height adjustable teachers ‘desks were designed into each classroom.
- It was important that all 1800 students’ utilized active learning seating to support student centered curriculum.