Washington Elementary – STEAM School
School District: Sacramento City Unified
Architect: HMC Architects
- Washington’s STEAM academic program is supported by a proven school model—a project-based learning (PBL) platform and powerful professional development through the New Tech Network
- Closed in 2014 Washington Elementary School has been re-imagined and re-opened in 2016 as a new STEAM school with an entirely redesigned future.
- The school’s classrooms—and their furnishings—were designed in tandem in order to reinforce the hands-on and project-based nature of the curriculum.
- Flexible Furnishings to Engage Students – Height-appropriate mobile seating for grades 1-6, Moveable tables and chairs for the outdoor learning space
- A few individual seating nooks in each classroom